BLENDING GHANA EDUCATION SERVICE WITH THE CAMBRIDGE PROGRAMME
It has always been the intention of this school to keep faith with our parents and ensure smooth integration while maintaining our position placing the interest and well-being of our children above anything else. We have therefore carefully developed a flexible and credible structure that blends the Cambridge International Programme with the Ghana Education Service curriculum.
The local content (G.E.S. curriculum) will run alongside the international programme. We attached copies of the structure and coursework which, we trust, will be of use to parents.
STRUCTURE OF THE ANGELS SCHOOL CAMBRIDGE-PLUS PROGRAMME
- Learners are given solid foundation in numeracy and literacy for the Cambridge Programme
- Purely Cambridge Programme & Assessment
- Cambridge Content plus Selected Relevant Local Content
- Cambridge Methodology
- Parents decide at the end of Grade 3 whether they want their wards to pursue Cambridge or GES curriculum
- Stream 1 - Cambridge Curriculum and assessment including Progression Tests and Checkpoint Examinations
- Stream 2 - GES Curriculum that includes continuous assessment & cummulative records
- These streams shall continue on their paths unto their statutory examinations
Grade 9 and Beyond:
- BECE (GES) --> Exit
- IGCSE i.e. International General Certificate of Secondary Education
- During these 2 years (G9 & 10), there are a number of subjects that are compulsory for students. Students can then opt to study from a range of suggested subjects. Results for the exam (IGCSE) are released mid-August.
- Students choose 5 subjects to study for a year and take AS exams at the end of the year.
- Students choose 3 of the 5 subjects they have been studying in the previous year. Students take A2 exams in a minimum of 3 subjects at the end of the year to complete full A levels.